You work in an intercultural environment.
You want to improve your intercultural knowledge and communication skills.
You plan to participate in or lead a Global Immersion Experience.
You desire to help others understand how different cultural backgrounds impact the workplace.
If you would like to thrive in intercultural situations and a multicultural work environment, the Certificate in Intercultural Competence is designed for you. The program provides a framework for understanding cultural differences and interaction in various settings in society and the workplace. This program is ideal for individuals working in multiple domestic or global geographies, working in a for-profit or nonprofit organization serving diverse populations, or anyone desiring to improve their cultural intelligence, cross-cultural communication, and management skills.
The program will help you learn the self-awareness necessary to interact in a diverse world. You will also learn how social structures, philosophies, and cultures impact worldviews. Finally, you will apply what you have learned through a capstone project completed either in your own workplace or through a Global Immersion program.
Intercultural Competence Certificate
- Developed by individuals with rich experiences working in diverse environments as well as extensive experience leading Global Immersion Experiences.
- Online curriculum designed to create community through discussion and interactive assignments.
- Networking and learning with other leaders who have a passion for developing their global awareness.
- Ability to choose between an experiential project, either within one’s own workplace or through a Global Immersion program.
- Individualized support services and tutoring for the online student.