As a community college student, the Pursue ONU initiative will give you the opportunity to be simultaneously admitted to Olivet Nazarene University and a participating community college. The goal is to create a seamless and successful transition to transfer students intending to complete their baccalaureate degree through Olivet. As a Pursue ONU student, you will receive academic advisement from both the community college and Olivet to assist in the completion of both your associate and bachelor degrees.
With around 20 community college partnerships, the Pursue ONU program prepares students for the seamless transition into a bachelor’s degree program in Applied Science, Business Administration, or Nursing. For more information, or to review a transfer guide for your school, please contact the advisor at your community college or contact the Olivet admissions team at 877-9-OLIVET.
Pursue ONU Program Benefits:
- You will be assured you are taking only the necessary courses at both Olivet and your community college.
- Opportunity to complete your bachelor’s program faster by taking general education and prerequisite courses in the major BEFORE beginning as a full-time Olivet student.
- Be given transfer support by an Olivet Transfer Coordinator to ease the transition from the community college to Olivet, working with them to identify a plan for maximizing the dual admission opportunity.
- Have the opportunity to begin taking courses at Olivet during the summers (and the school year when possible) prior to full-time enrollment at Olivet, ensuring that you are well prepared for your program.
- Have the opportunity to lock in the Olivet tuition rate for the core program courses at the time of admissions, ensuring that if rates go up, the rate change will not affect you.
- Possibly be eligible for additional discounts on tuition, depending on your community college.